1. Name: "Jimmy Carter"
Address: "State Capitol Atlanta"
2. Date of Observation: "October 1969"
3. Location of Observation: "Leary, Georgia"
4. How long did you see the object?: "10-12 minutes."
5. Please describe weather conditions and the type of sky; i.e., bright daylight, nighttime, dusk, etc.: "Shortly after dark."
6. Position of the Sun or Moon in relation to the object and to you: "Not in sight."
7. If seen at night, twilight, or dawn, were the stars or moon visible?: "Stars."
8. Were there more than one object?: "No."
10. Was the object(s) brighter than the background of the sky?: "Yes."
11. If so, compare the brightness with the Sun, Moon, headlights, etc.: "At one time, as bright as the moon."
12. Did the object(s)-:
a. Appear to stand still at any time?: "Yes."
g. Change brightness?: "Yes."
h. Change shape?: "Yes."
I. Change color?: "Yes."
13. Did object(s) at any time pass in front of, or behind of anything? If so, Please elaborate giving distance, size, etc, if possible.: "No."
14. Was there any wind?: "No."
15. Did you observe the object(s) through an optical instrument or other aid, windshield, window pane, storm window, screening, etc.? What?: "No."
17. Please tell if the object(s) was (were)- c. Sharply outlined: "Yes."
18. Was the object- b. Self-luminous?: "Yes."
19. Did the object)s_ rise or fall while in motion?: "Came close, moved away, came close and then moved away."
20. ..Or, if easier, give apparent size in inches on a ruler held at arm's length: "About the same as moon, maybe a little smaller. Varied from brighter/larger than planet to apparent size of moon."
21. How did you happen to notice the object(s)?: "10-12 men all watched it. Brightness attracted us."
22. Where were you and what were you doing at the time?: "Outdoors waiting for a meeting to begin at 7:30 pm."
23. How did the object(s) disappear from view?: "Moved to distance then disappeared."
26. Please estimate the distance of the object(s): "Difficult. Maybe 300-1000 yards."
27. What was the elevation of the object(s) in the sky?: "About 30 degrees above horizon."
28. Names and addresses of other witnesses, if any: "Ten members of Leary Georgia Lions Club."
31. Please draw a map of the locality of the observation showing North; your position; the direction from which the object(s) appeared and disappeared from view; the direction of its course over the area; roads, towns, villages, railroads, and other landmarks within a mile.: "Appeared from west about 30 degrees up."
32. Is there an airport, military, governmental, or research installation in the area?: "No."