10/6/2012 8:45:34 AM
Appearance / Description of Object(s)
The creatures were like small children, maybe 1.5 meters high, had slightly bigger heads than children that age/hight, wore black clothing, no details could be seen (partly due to the darkness I think), and the one that looked at me had relative large eyes emanating a soft tone white light.
Size of Object(s)
Distance to Object(s) & Altitude
Description of Area / Surroundings
Urban, residential area, densely populated. No special features like bases, power plants, etc.
Full Description & Details
On a summer night, when I was about 20 years old, I was riding my bike going home after having spend some time downtown with friends in a bar. My parents live about 15 minutes by bike from the town center. It was somewhere between 02.00 am and 04:30 am (as it is a long time ago I can not remember some of the details about date and time), summer, and, off-course, dark. I was riding back home alone and when maybe some 2 of 3 minutes before I would arrive at my parents house I had to cross a road, a separated bike-lane, which I had to go up in the wrong direction for some 20 meters in order to get to a small wooden bridge I had to take to cross a little canal. This road is illuminated at night by the typical yellow light of natrium streetlights. As a result of this it was not completely dark around the bridge. At the other side of this short and small bridge there is a walkway continuing ahead from the bridge's end. To the direct left of the end of the bridge there is a field of grass, bordering the canal which, even more to the left, opens out to a pond. Behind this field of grass there is a multistory apartment building (flat), mostly for the elderly. To the right of the bridges end there are houses. All together it is a residential area, a good neighborhood.
Can sighting be explained as any conventional man-made or natural object?
Views on UFOs, before and after sighting
I was raised to have an open mind. As a result of that I have read a lot about unexplained phenomena, but also on many other subjects. However, I am a bright and clear minded person, and possess a healthy amount of skepticism. I usually have to see before I believe, or something must clearly be possible of likely by reason/arguments. I think 95% of UFO reports can be explained conventionally, but the remaining 5% are (still) unidentified, which does not automatically mean it is of alien origin.
Scientifically trained (academic), been in the military, have worked for the government (national level), presently employed as a manager at the municipality government level.
Your Location:Maastricht, Netherlands