UFO Evidence Forums : Debate - Are UFOs Real?
Return to the Debate - Are UFOs Real? Homepage
User not logged in - Login or Register
James G.T. Moore
1/21/2004 7:28:50 AM

Answer this then sceptics

If the government has no knowledge of aliens, then why does Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, implemented on July 16, 1969, make it illegal for US citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles?

replies will be listed below this message edit

subject: Answer this then sceptics

Replies 1 - 10 (out of 10 total)

John A. Smith
1/21/2004 7:34:00 AM

Note that Title 14, Section 1211 did not make it "illegal" for "U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles"; it simply required those who had such contact to submit to a quarantine at the request of the government. If a spaceship full of little green men landed in your back yard, you would not have been in violation of Title 14, Section 1211 and subject to a fine or imprisonment merely for shaking hands with your visitors or taking a tour of their spacecraft -- you would only have been subject to those penalties if you refused to comply with a subsequent government quarantine order. (Even then, the law only applied to "NASA manned and unmanned space missions," so contact with extraterrestrials who were travelled through space on their own would not have fallen under the provisions of this law.)

The "Extraterrestrial Exposure" law was removed from the CFR in 1991, NASA having determined that it had "served its purpose" and was "no longer in keeping with current policy," and is no longer in force.

James G. T. Moore
1/21/2004 7:46:28 AM

Thank you, most informative. :)

Scott Johansen
1/21/2004 10:52:12 AM

I agree MOST INFORMATIVE Mr.Smith PLEASE STICK AROUND I cannot tell you how valuable intelligent people are around here. I get so excited when there is a new person that can serve as an informative individual that does his or her research in order to make an informed astute reply. That was GREAT.

Robert L. Sharp
1/21/2004 11:00:55 AM

Mr Smith:
I agree. You didn't come in here and start telling us we are all dumb and
idiots. You actually posted a rebuttal to someone else. Thanks!!
There are too many people coming in here with the title of Professor, or
Doctor, or Wizard, etc. that don't have a thing to say about anything.
I think there is only one person in here that deserves the handle of DOC,
and that is Mr. Moriarty who has some really good postings and replies.
He actually SAYS something to make us put on our thinking caps.
Thanks again,
Robert

John A. Smith
1/21/2004 1:51:26 PM

The most imbarrasing part is I didn't know this either! When I saw the post I cut and paste the info into yahoo and read what the search said and cut and paste that back in as my response - I had no idea it what I was even doing I was just trying to help?

trusty
1/21/2004 9:00:43 PM

who in the hell are you ?

Lan Fleming
1/22/2004 5:59:50 PM

Robert [[ I agree. You didn't come in here and start telling us we are all dumb and
idiots. You actually posted a rebuttal to someone else.]]

I agree, too. The "extraterrestrial exposure" law has been badly miscontrued by some people; it was basically a public health precaution applying to NASA astronauts returning from the Moon. Mr. Smith made a reasonable observation without the usual name-calling. (I doubt that the first Smith is the same one who made the second post , which was a little, uh, different in literary style, shall we say.

Robert L. Sharp
1/22/2004 6:12:45 PM

Lan:
After reading it over again, I believe you are right, although he may have
been on a higher dimension the first time around.
Robert

chicken
5/13/2006 8:40:24 PM

If you did encounter a UFO the Feds wouldn't convict you under Title 14, Section What-Ever, ect. ect. blah, blah, blah.
They'd just send the Men In Black to kidnapp you, and then you'd end up in Guantanamo Bay Prison.
E-Mail me at hanger18@zoomshare.com

Space God
5/14/2006 12:06:32 AM

MJ-12 controls the MIBs who CONTROL ALL HYBRIDS. Sheesh, in the name of JESUS H CHRIST is that so hard to understand? No. (of course not.)

Skeptics are just stupid DEBUNKERS (and trolls).

Beware of HYBRIDS.

Replies 1 - 10 (out of 10 total)

Return to Debate - Are UFOs Real? Homepage

Ads help to support this site: