UFO Evidence Forums : Debate - Are UFOs Real?
Return to the Debate - Are UFOs Real? Homepage
User not logged in - Login or Register
john l. mccowen
10/11/2004 8:06:13 AM

ARE UFO`S REAL?

lets look :
is big foot real ... a good friend who believes there is a bigfoot thinks ufo believers are dopey... he is an advanced rocket engineer for nassa... he understands the logistics of space travel... believes in big foot !!

where is the proof .... i mean the real hard stuff...ain`t none!

and what does real mean ?... the word real ?

is santa real ? to my 2 yr old grand daughter... but not to her 4 yr old sister! over 2 billion dollars was spent on xmass world over! last year !! enough to send several et`s a greyhound ticket to earth ... round trip i might add. a like amount will be spent this year .

is the easter bunny real ? he lays eggs you know! last year there was over 1 billion dollars spent in the chirstian world on easter celibrations . more than enough to send a space ship to any where ! and incendently...that much will be spent on easter this year.

is nessie real ? how will we ever find a real ufo when we cant find a giant monster in a lake in scotland ! and incidently to date it is reported that over the years over 5 million dollars has been spent looking for nessie . that would buy a lot of space ship fuel .

my 9 year old grand son saw me watching a ufo program on tv (discover channel ) he says pop you don`t believe that crapola ... he said that crap is for uneducated people who believes in angels that have bird wings ... makes them half human and half beast ! he went on to say ....any one who wants to know the truth about space travel need only to do a little studying and they will find that first of all if you traveled at 1 million mph that it would take 3300 years to reach the nearist planet close to earth . and even if you traveled at the speed of light it would take 4 1/2 years . he said and that don`t count getting your spead up to light and then you would have to start slowing down to keep from running past your plantet . i was amazed ! where did you learn all this? ...i asked..?..his answer ... pop .. please ... dont act dumb... at the library...

replies will be listed below this message edit

Replies 1 - 10 (out of 20 total)

Tim
10/11/2004 9:30:49 AM

The idea of ET visitors may not seem credible, based on our current technological level, but we have no idea of what a more advanced civilization may be capable of. Look how far we've come in the last century or so. Another important point is that the idea of alien visitors, unlike ghosts, santa etc, is at least rational-all it involves is a replication elsewhere of our own evolution and an extrapolation of our own progress. WE are "space aliens" -from the perspective of the rest of the Universe.

Robert L. Sharp
10/11/2004 6:30:47 PM

John:

No offense my friend, but I would make sure that besides going to the library
to read books, your grandson should check out some books on math.
Traveling at 1 Million miles an hour would not take anywhere near 3300
years to get to the nearest planet. Do the math yourself.
Robert L. Sharp

10/12/2004 3:32:36 AM

robert l. sharp .... how long would it take .... tell me and i will correct my grand son . john l. mccowen

john l. mccowen
10/12/2004 3:33:48 AM

robert l. sharp .... how long would it take .... tell me and i will correct my grand son . john l. mccowen

melanieschabauer
10/23/2004 7:46:07 PM

ok, so, it is hard to think that out of so many galaxies and so many planets only ONE is habited. Thats sort of hard to beileve.

Jahteck
10/23/2004 11:37:32 PM

Actually, there is hard evidence for bigfoot.
After a sighting in the 1990s, a hair sample, plaster casts, and feces sample was taken.
The hair was DNA tested and found to belong to an unknown primate.
The sighting, casts, feces, make it certain that the hair was from the bigfoot observed leaving the scene.
A similar senario has played out in China. Scientist who have studied the evidence can even tell what the creature eats, which, not suprisingly, is a diet very similar to chimpanzees, and orangs, i.e. omnivorous.
Also, hair was removed from a huge body mold found in mud where a possible bigfoot was sleeping. DNA from the hair once again indicated an unknown primate.

Robert L. Sharp
10/24/2004 1:09:49 PM

Mccowen:

You clearly stated that it would take 3,300 years to reach the nearest
planet from earth, travelling at one million MPH.
Well let's do the 1st grade arithmetic.
Let's take Mars for example.
At its closest point, Mars is only 33 million miles from Earth.
At its farthest point, it is 249 million miles from Earth.

So, travelling at 1 million MPH, it would take either 33 hours
or 249 hours.
Three thousand three hundred YEARS isn't possible.

If you can prove these figures wrong, please do so.

Travelling at one million miles per hour for 3300 years, I would
need a calculator unlike the one I own.

Robert L. Sharp

Robert L. Sharp
10/24/2004 1:11:25 PM

Mccowen:

You clearly stated that it would take 3,300 years to reach the nearest
planet from earth, travelling at one million MPH.
Well let's do the 1st grade arithmetic.
Let's take Mars for example.
At its closest point, Mars is only 33 million miles from Earth.
At its farthest point, it is 249 million miles from Earth.

So, travelling at 1 million MPH, it would take either 33 hours
or 249 hours.
Three thousand three hundred YEARS isn't possible.

If you can prove these figures wrong, please do so.

Travelling at one million miles per hour for 3300 years, I would
need a calculator unlike the one I own.

Robert L. Sharp

S&P
10/25/2004 2:49:04 AM

Current "technology" does not support interstellar travel. However present day mathematics does ! Try to read "Time Travel in Einstein's Universe: The Physical Possibilities of Travel Through Time" by J. Richard Gott.
FYI - Gott is the Professor of astrophysical Sciences at Princeton Univ !!

Hence the ocurrence of other civilisations & their modes of travel & engineering are possible if proved in time by us.

I strongly believe as I have always said that the Universal language of Science will prevail because the laws are the same everywhere in our Universe and all extra earth Civilisations (if they exist within our Universe) will harness the same laws to lead their lifes as much as we do with ours.

This forum has some keen & creative minds & with the help of discipled scientific approach, resolve and proof, UFO's could well be real !!

Jahteck
10/25/2004 10:38:50 PM

NASA is currently doing research on Warp technology, straight out of Star Trek.
Heh, what if Roddenberry was an ET who was secretly leaking alien technology to us in the form of Star Trek.
So much for the Prime Directive!

Replies 1 - 10 (out of 20 total)

Return to Debate - Are UFOs Real? Homepage

Ads help to support this site: