Return to the General Discussion Homepage
User not logged in - Login or Register

12/23/2003 4:06:17 PM

AREA51 = MARS AREA

m=13 a=1 r=18 s=19 13+1+18+19=51

replies will be listed below this message edit

Replies 1 - 10 (out of 21 total)

1/9/2004 8:17:38 PM

Area 51 is named purley because it is the area on the map that dream land covers, nothing to do with mars, look for yourself at Nivarda desert if you can find a map with it on???

best regards

Robert L. Sharp
1/9/2004 9:02:37 PM

Where the hell is Nivarda? This person is not implying that area 51 is on
Mars, as everyone knows it is in Nevada. He is only implying that both places
are mysterious, and hold unaswered questions.
Robert

1/9/2004 9:34:15 PM

You haven't read me correctly. I know where Nevada Area 51 is but what I was saying is that the chap seems to think there is link between the number 51 (AREA51) and the Area of Mars? In other words, mars has an area of 51. I am saying that the reason why they call it area 51 is because that is the amount of space dream land covers on a map.

Robert L. Sharp
1/9/2004 9:54:42 PM

I think it is just a play on words. I don't think he is saying that Mars has an
area called 51, but I may be wrong.
Thanks,
Robert

leigh
1/9/2004 10:44:55 PM

I agree. Interesting though.

have a good one :)

Scott Johansen
1/10/2004 11:42:40 AM

It sounds like either a pretty amazing coincedence or a rational way of naming a sight. Keep in mind that at the time (1947) Everyone thought any ET life had to have been coming from mars. It not only made for great folklore and sci -fi, but also it was ,and remains, the planet in our solar system that has demanded the most focus because of its tangible distance and contains the highest probability of having once sustained some sort of life form. Also , If any of you are mathemeticians you will see that this was not a particularly tough one to crack.And if it was a matter of national security I would imagine that they would have used a much more complex code. I could be wrong. I am not familiar with the required educational level for the OSI. Still it was a pretty cool obs.
Scott

Scott Johansen
1/12/2004 11:24:53 PM

Robert:
Isn't Nirvada that place that buddah was trying to get to? Or just the name of a great grunge band? Sorry couldn't resist. Especially since I'm the worst typo culprit.

Scott

DAVID
1/12/2004 11:31:58 PM

scott this is one of the best explanations ive heard .i wander if thats where the probe that nasa spent so much money on actually landed . it could be a coverup to spend money elsewhere .

Scott Johansen
1/13/2004 12:24:59 AM

David.

HMMMM could be????
Keep in mind though that this was 1947 and I don't know if mankind had even conceived the possibility of us going to mars.Let's face it we had only been airborn for a few decades. I don't think that we truly had Real plans on space flight until JFK announced his target date for mankind to walk on the moon.On the other hand we as a species had also Just completed our second world war and were in the midst of trying to form the U.N. as a salvage project of the league of nations .An idea that fell apart the first time.We began and conceived space flight for global superiority thats it.That was and remains the basis and motive for our progress.Even the contact that we have probably made with any advanced species has probably been in order to obtain global superiority. I wish that it weren't true but I don't think while a monitarilly based family of governments exist, all fighting over god or money that will we ever be allowed to reach into the stars with any help from another species.Perhaps even prevention is in order.

Scott

DAVID
1/13/2004 12:48:18 AM

HEY ITS DAVID AGAIN ID LIKE TOO TALK TO YOU MORE THERE ARE THINGS WE COULD REALLY DISCUSS ITS GETTING LATE HERE IN MISSISSPI GOING TO CHECK THE STARS ONE MORE TIME WE ONLY USE 1/3 OF OUR MINDS .WELL MOST PEOPLE .KEEP THAT IN MIND............ UNTIL NEXT TIME .

Replies 1 - 10 (out of 21 total)

Return to General Discussion Homepage

Ads help to support this site: