UFO Evidence Forums : Research Forum
Return to the Research Forum Homepage
User not logged in - Login or Register

subject: The STS-48 UFO Video

Replies 11 - 20 (out of 20 total)

Lan Fleming
1/2/2004 6:21:02 AM

Targ [[You are obviously trying to prove that they are alien space craft.]]

You are obviously trying to change the subject. You gulliblly accept the claims that the objects in the video are shuttle debris. The fact that you are immediately forced to resort to the stupid insults typical of credulous "skeptics" proves that you have no rational basis for your beliefs. You are the one making proclamations, not I.

I explained why the evidence rules out debris particles. ET craft are obviously among the possiblilities left because shuttle debris is eliminated. If you don't like that you'd better start figuring out how those cocker spaniels got into orbit.

Either that or you need to actually address the evidence like a grown-up and explain the following:

- how a thruster located below and to the left of the video FOV caused a light flash in the upper right corner directed toward the lower right.

- why some of the objects change course at times when there was no light flash at all.

- the incredible amazing "time warp" shown by the NASA video time codes that indicate time leaped forward by 1.5 minutes.

London Johnny
1/15/2004 10:26:55 PM

I think the inherent problem here is that when you look at the video with the naked eye, it does appear something that is a ways off closing in on earth's atmosphere (brighter than the other specks) changes course after a flash. Now, there ya go that explains the thrusters.

But, into the screen there comes screaming in this other "speck" that looks like it is determined to hit it.

And for your Ochkem's (lol) razor's theory: Probably was used to prove the earth was flat too and works well in any case where unusual occurences happen.

In closing, what is appreciated here is either a speck flying towards another speck or something that to the naked eye looks like a UFO tailing it out of the area.

I don't know, but you guys sound like idiots trying to calculate numbers for something that is a speck or something you have no clue about.

Observant
3/12/2004 3:53:02 PM

I have seen this film and it doesn't require a host of data in order to view particles making very sharp turns. if the particles were not under their own power, then would have to be on rails to accomplish such turns.
Ockam's Razor is someone's justification for already having a mental slant. It is fastly overrated. The simpliest explanation is just the simpliest explanation, nothing says that it is correct, just that it is simple. I think that simple minds love simple explanations and that minds with a greater range are capable of finding the actual explanations simple or complex.
While I'm at it, I am used to seeing in quoted ideas about where the "burden of proof" lies. Once again, that is someone or ones pre-existing mental slant which it is not necessary to agree with just because you are hit with it. There is no "burden of proof" possible with numbers of people. Anyone can sit there and "prove" all day and these "burden of proof" sayers will absolutely NEVER admit that you have done anything at all. Most of you will probably have observed that very phenomena many times.
There is no "burden of proof." You guys who are working so hard trying to convince people can forget it. What you need to do is just find out what you would personally like to know and if someone is around who can follow your data then the're the ones who deserve your time and no others.

J Holmgren
3/21/2004 12:02:45 AM

You missed something very important.

Download the sts 48 video.

lower left hand corner where the shot takes place does not come from the ground, it comes from one of our own ships.

Inhance the blip and play it frame by frame. I did this and clearly saw a shot from under a ship, it actually dropped down from below it.

you have to enlarge the video and play it frame by frame, im surprised no one has caught this yet, i found this out three years ago...just give me a little credit for it okay.

J Holmgren

J Holmgren
3/21/2004 12:02:59 AM

You missed something very important.

Download the sts 48 video.

lower left hand corner where the shot takes place does not come from the ground, it comes from one of our own ships.

Inhance the blip and play it frame by frame. I did this and clearly saw a shot from under a ship, it actually dropped down from below it.

you have to enlarge the video and play it frame by frame, im surprised no one has caught this yet, i found this out three years ago...just give me a little credit for it okay.

J Holmgren

PepsiCool
1/9/2005 12:23:02 AM

After having read an old copy of a book ttled "Life After Life" written by Dr. Raymond Moody, M.D.
I observe an uncanny resemblance of the STS-48 video lights to souls departing the world in near death experiences, and possibly in complete bodily death experiences.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=FP-pull-web-t&p=Moody%2C+Life+After+Life

PepsiCool
1/9/2005 12:28:43 AM

When I clicked the link to Dr. Moody I got a strange page with "Moody, Life After Life

" appearing in the search window. I deleted the

part and clicked search and the page came through.

This text processor doesn't like links very well.

PepsiCool
1/9/2005 12:31:44 AM

Just delete the letters that are in the brackets after the words Moody Life After Life and click search.

C
2/11/2005 4:36:20 AM

Don Tago.. you're a goddamn moron. Ice particles and space debris do not change direction and speed.

Polaris
4/24/2005 4:13:11 PM

I started writing an article to address some of Oberg's assertions about the light flash in the STS-48 video that he made in a "critique" of my 2003 article (if you can call a vitriolic tirade lasting for weeks a "critique"). The earlier paper is in Mark Carlotto's online journal, NewFrontiersInScience.com.

As most readers probably know, according to NASA, the objects in the video are supposed to be ice particles and the flash of light is from the firing of a small thruster rocket on the shuttle, causing several of the "particles" to change course abruptly.

Doing some measurements on the video frames, I noticed that the average brightness of the video after the flash event doesn't drop back to what it was before the flash, which I found puzzling. While the most noticeable part of the flash lasts less than half a second, it appears to be only one of _three_ pulses in a series lasting 2.2 seconds embedded in a longer episode of elevated image brightness lasting at least 5 seconds and probably more than 8.

The significance of this is that the thruster firing supposedly causing the events in the video lasted for only 1.2 seconds. It is not possible that a thruster firing for 1.2 seconds could have increased the image brightness for 2.2 seconds, let alone 5 or more seconds.

The article is in PDF format at:

http://www.vgl.org/webfiles/STS-48/flash.pdf

Lan Fleming

Replies 11 - 20 (out of 20 total)

Return to Research Forum Homepage

Ads help to support this site: