UFO Evidence Forums : General Discussion
Return to the General Discussion Homepage
User not logged in - Login or Register
D
1/13/2004 5:25:07 AM

ripple in the pond

Summary at a distance:

Interesting how a topic which obviously unites us all leads to debates on politics and education (or lack thereof).

Could we perhaps collectively look at issues that relate directly to the initial topic?
An example would be ------------> How to deal with the fear factor surrounding contact and/or in the process of gaining knowledge and understanding?

Denial is a wonderful protection would we not agree?

Robert's post of 12 Jan 04 concerning Budd Hopkin's new book ( and I sincerely thank you for the information Robert!) reads all '....hair raisers...chills up and down your spine...spooky...' etc and I admit to experiencing these sensations while reading Whitley Strieber's "Communion".

But what lies beyond our fears and can we consciously work toward a heightened preparedness and receptivity? And once knowledge has been acquired can we turn back?

Maybe we could turn our collective efforts to a global prayer for world peace?

love and light from Australia

D

replies will be listed below this message edit

Replies 1 - 10 (out of 26 total)

Robert L. Sharp
1/13/2004 11:34:31 AM

Hello D from Australia:
You are right that the subjects sometime lead to spinoffs on politics and
education, or lack of, as you state. Both politics and education have a little
bit to do with all of this debate. And, I think we are trying to gather a collective
look at the topics.
You ask: How to deal with the fear factor surrounding contact and/or in the
process of gaining knowledge and understanding? And then you ask about
denial being a wonderful protection. Denial is the greatest protector of all.
Simply deny something, and we don't have to feel threatened at all. We don't
even have to DEAL with it at all, once that denial blanket is tossed over the top
of it. The governments of the world love it when someone starts tossing around
all of this denial, because they don't have to deal with it. Let us all bash our heads
against the wall, trying to convince the other of our beliefs.
I personally, have NO fear of the day when the world is finally told the truth
about all of this UFO and ET stuff. Heightened awareness and preparedness and
receptivity is exactly what a lot of us are working towards as we speak.
And once knowledge has been acquired, there will be no reason to turn back.
Why the heck would we want to turn back? Turn back to what? Our old, stupid
way of life here on this planet? It is time we try to get to those other dimensions
as we are learning about, and forget our 3-D world as we know it.
Yes, you are right that we need a global prayer for peace upon this planet, but,
I believe it has been tried many, many times before, and obviously it has not
worked, because this planet has never had peace globally, ever, and never will
until we come out of our coma, and realize we are all human beings with a purpose,
and a RIGHT to be here. It may possibly require a startling revelation from other
worlds to get our attention. Just a thought.
Peace and love to all you wonderful folks down under!!
Robert

Scott johansen
1/13/2004 10:10:15 PM

Once again I am in total agreement with you Robert, I only wish I would have said it first.
Talking about our government,politics,religion, science and etc... are important and directly related to the topic. What are you talking about??? these topics represent who we are as a species and apparently exactly what these beings are interested in.however dispicable we can be . YES I PRAY FOR WORLD PEACE TOO. Note the words PRAY and WORLD PEACE which would depict, I believe, religion and politics.

Scott johansen
1/14/2004 12:16:09 AM

By the way. Love and light back to you Australia. I have a great admiration for the people and the divesity of cultures in your land.----

D
1/16/2004 10:36:48 PM

Dear Robert,

thanks for reply!

You: 'Both politics and education have a little bit to do with all of this debate'

Me: I'd prefer to cut to the chase and hear your contact experience. Do you want to share?

You quoting me: 'How to deal with the fear factor surrounding contact and/or in the
process of gaining knowledge and understanding?'

Me: It was more a rhetorical question I think. A blanket raising question that didn't require reiteration

You: 'Heightened awareness and preparedness and
receptivity is exactly what a lot of us are working towards as we speak.'

Me: Hello! So I haven't been mad these past 29 years?

You misinterpreting me: 'And once knowledge has been acquired, there will be no reason to turn back. Why the heck would we want to turn back?

Me: Exactly my point.

You: 'It is time we try to get to those other dimensions
as we are learning about, and forget our 3-D world as we know it. '

Me: I agree but maybe have different interpretation as to 'how to'... 'TRY TO GET' impies control. How about surrender?

You: 'Yes, you are right that we need a global prayer for peace upon this planet, but,
I believe it has been tried many, many times before, and obviously it has not
worked...'

Me: I watched Bowling for Columbine on VHS yesterday, having missed it in cinema...and I'm sending out my prayer even stronger. It doesn't require a love-in or to hit the headlines.

You: ' because this planet has never had peace globally, ever, and never will
until we come out of our coma, and realize we are all human beings with a purpose,
and a RIGHT to be here.

Me: I'm talking about personal evolution and the rest falls into place. I can't alter the perceptions of family members or neighbours let alone an ignorant society. All I can do is work on myself in the hope that it radiates.

You: 'It may possibly require a startling revelation from other worlds to get our attention.'

Me: Maybe our personal experiences in this field are what have brought us together in this forum.

You: 'Peace and love to all you wonderful folks down under!!'

Me: not everyone here is wonderful or we wouldn't have forces in Iraq right now. Peace and joy for 2004, D

Robert

D
1/16/2004 10:48:57 PM

Hi Scott,

If you read my original message you will note that I said politics and education....
Although I now find it difficult to adhere to any one organised religion I wholeheartedly believe that religion, or more appropriately - spirituality - provides the key to these other dimensions Robert refers to

D

D
1/16/2004 11:05:19 PM

Appreciate you good wishes Scott however, like you, I'm fully aware that this is not 'my country'.

Read any of Australian Henry Reynold's books such as "Frontier" or "Beyond the Frontier" for further clarification as I have read "Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee" to understand your culture.

We are all one

D

Robert L. Sharp
1/16/2004 11:36:41 PM

D:
Thanks for your nice reply. I agree we are all, or at least you and I, trying to
find the answers within ourselves.
As far as my contact and sighting experiences, I have related a few of them
in this forum. I have gotten some nice replies, and some not so.
I recently documented, or made up an 8 page report to a reputable UFO
investigator, to try and find out what is happening with me, the sleep paralysis
episodes, missing time, actual in my face flying saucers. And I might add, this
saucer was witnessed by four other men at the same place and time.
I realize some of the things you were referring to were rhetorical questions,
and need no answer, as the question is actually the answer.
And what do you mean by not being mad for the past 29 years? Did something
happen to you?
And you quoted me as saying, TRY TO GET, which does imply control to some
extent, and surrender is what we are actually doing, or SHOULD be doing. Maybe
surrender is what "they" want. Or are you implying a surrender to a Saviour,
such as Christ? I have done that a long time ago, at a quite young age.
I don't know what brought me to this forum, but maybe there is a reason for it,
despite the annoying dribblings from certain people that have nothing to offer,
except rude, crude obnoxious remarks. I get a little boiled up at times, and my
Irish temper tells me to fire a volley back, but it is futile, and a waste of time. I am
trying to "turn over a new leaf" as some say, and won't reply back to the folks
that irk me.
And when I said something to the effect about the wonderful people down under,
i was obviously speaking in generalities. All societies have the "toilet bowls", and
I have met a few in this forum, but mostly very genuine people, with some
meaningful dialogue and incite to this UFO phenomenon.
Gooday,
Robert

D
1/16/2004 11:42:49 PM

Robert,

hang on for reply....note I keep getting cut off net. Quick scan your reply: insight.
talk soon

Scott johansen
1/17/2004 12:12:43 AM

Hi D,

You:(If you read my original message you will note that I said politics and education.)
Me:You are absolutely right and caught my religion mistake after I made the post. I felt like I was too much of a smart ass that day anyway and decided just to leave it alone...

You: Although I now find it difficult to adhere to any one organised religion I wholeheartedly believe that religion, or more appropriately - spirituality - provides the key to these other dimensions Robert refers to)
Me: I absolutely agree with you 100%.

You:(Appreciate you good wishes Scott however, like you, I'm fully aware that this is not 'my country'. Read any of Australian Henry Reynold's books such as "Frontier" or "Beyond the Frontier" for further clarification as I have read "Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee" to understand your culture. )
Me: I LOVE YOUR COUNTRY i have traveled twice to Australia, once to Perth and once to Sidney.My cousin grew up in Sidney. Also Waltzing Mathilda Makes me weep like a baby everytime I hear it. But I see your point and am actually familiar with Henry Reynolds books. All us Yanks are not so ignorant to think that the universe revolves around the United States.I have great admiration for ALL cultures.

You.: We are all one

Me: I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Me: Peace my brother.

D
1/17/2004 12:27:01 AM

Dear Robert,

I'm no longer trying to find answers within myself, I'm simply trying to be the best I can be for as many people every day. Simple things like love and compassion are difficult in this commercial existence and require undivided attention.

Yes, 'something has happened' to me, hence the interest in this forum. It appears that 'something' has been happening from an early age. I was interviewed by a researcher in the early '80's and despite a positive outcome, wasn't ready to adjust psychologically.

It's been a hard road to travel alone and the fear has been agonising.

Due to my own encounter (of the 2nd kind) I 'm up for believing anyone, or at least I attempt not to judge. How would we know another person's reality? I have no compulsion to prove it, which makes a difference.

I'm not a scientist. I have no inclination to analyse, theorise and find some human logical reason. Theosophically I seek purpose if anything.

I also have witnesses but then so do thousands of other experiencers. At the time of my first conscious encounter it would have been difficult to find a believer and now it's acceptable to the point of nonchalence.

We really have come a long way and I look forward to the challenges of freedom of speech and a free world over the next 25 years.

In regard to politics I would like to express that I don't hold the people of any nation responsible for what their government/s do or have done. A balance exists however, and I have the right to my opinion.

I recently caught an SBS TV series on the CIA in which it stated that Osama bin Laden's family owned the Houston, Texas airport at one stage. It also stated that George Bush senior owned an oil company in Kuwait at the time that Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait. Now that's what I call political! Any takers on that? Or have I inputted enough keywords to now be under surveillance?

Have you considered hypnosis to unravel your personal mystery Robert?

best wishes,

Replies 1 - 10 (out of 26 total)

Return to General Discussion Homepage

Ads help to support this site: