UFO Evidence Forums : General Discussion
Return to the General Discussion Homepage
User not logged in - Login or Register
Wake Up Earthlings
1/13/2004 8:21:17 AM

All stars have there own time - aka Speed of Light is not Universal

If Extra terrestrials were traveling from one star system to another star system and our star system that is inclusive of Earth was not involved in the round trip, do you really think they would bother to use the time from our star system?

replies will be listed below this message edit

subject: All stars have there own time - aka Speed of Light is not Universal

Replies 1 - 9 (out of 9 total)

1/13/2004 6:22:15 PM

I understand what your saying, just like Earthlings thought the world was flat and later found out it was circular or spherical as it says in the book of job in the bible which no one wanted to believe, we also feel that time from our star ( sun ) is the time the whole universe uses. Boy are we gonna look silly when we realize that every extra terrestrial being has his own time from his own star system and we think they have to use ours. I guess that explains why we dont even use time correctly in our own star system to determine the year it is on Earth which would be approximately 4.5 billion years and we use the time since the birth of Jesus Christ to determine our reality by.
It makes sense once you arrived at a new planet in a space ship one of the first things you would want to know is what time is it, the being that flew you there would ask you if you want to know the time on their system or the time on your own (Earth) they wouldn't sit there and go well on Earth its xyz so that means its xyz+++ on our planet.
Whats even funnier is every one is running around using Jesus' time to get to meetings,not be late to work etc.... but they don't even believe he existed. Time really is simple once you relate to it in the context of Jesus.

Don Tago
1/13/2004 8:35:17 PM

Let me just start off saying how ridiculous everything you people are saying....!!!

First off, what you are saying makes absolutely NO sense. I quote "do you really think they (the aliens) would bother to use the time from our star system?" I am not even sure what frame of reference you are talking about, the concept of some sort of universal time since the big bang, or the time since the Sun formed, or the time since our planet formed, or the time since the dawn of humanity? Then you go on to say something along the lines of aliens adopting a time reference traveling from star system to star system...Once you are traveling in free space, out of any star system, the concept a day is whatever you want it to be. Our day is based on how long it takes our planet to make a complete revolution on its axis, as the other planets in our solar system have different spans of a day than us.

There is no universal clock in the middle of the universe that all aliens use to tell time. Unless you wanna use the big bang as a frame of reference. But no one could ever know exactly when that was, because when it happened, nothing existed to hit a stop watch to start counting. Or maybe the birth of a star could be used as a point of reference for time, but since that star is what gave the planet life, it couldnt have been there to see it formed, to pinpoint a time zero. Same with the planets, and dawn of a race of creatures.

A civilization would have to decide for itself when to start counting years, that is of course if that civilization uses the same concept of years that we do, which you could not immediately assume they would.

I quote this from the anonymous post above" ["It makes sense once you arrived at a new planet in a space ship one of the first things you would want to know is what time is it, the being that flew you there would ask you if you want to know the time on their system or the time on your own (Earth) they wouldn't sit there and go well on Earth its xyz so that means its xyz+++ on our planet. "]

This guy sounds like he 14 or something. Time is relative, as Einstein taught us. An alien worlds concept of the passing of time would have absolutely no bearing on us, and would relate in no way to the way we have been measuring time. I have no idea what you people are saying as far as aliens adopting our time, its nonsense. Aliens would have to do no such thing. I doubt the first thing an alien would want to know when they reached our planet is "What time is it?" Like that will do them any good.

Also i quote the anonymous post "we also feel that time from our star ( sun ) is the time the whole universe uses"....I dont think anyone ever claimed the rest of the universe MUST use the same measure of time we do. To an alien, the term "light year" would mean nothing, because they have no idea of the concept of our "year." So, you kids quit being ridiculous, and take some physics classes in school, then you will learn a few things.

Scott johansen
1/13/2004 8:54:29 PM

Don.
I have to say I am in coplete agreement with you.
Besides Time is an earthly concept .The measurement of events in order to keep record and plan. For all we know an alien species might use other forms of measurement. And to go even further, if a being has evolved to plane of immortality why would they even need it.

Scott

Robert L. Sharp
1/13/2004 9:14:25 PM

Hello another anonymous one:
What is this gibberish about the aliens wanting to know what time it is
on earth? Our earth is probably the only place in the universe that has our
method of measurement of time. Our little planet spins around once every 24
hours, that's why we have 24 of them in a day. Get it? I'ts not like latitude and
longitude. Those lines CAN be extended beyond the earth and go as far as
infinity theoretically. We use latitude and longitude, or, Right Ascension and
Declination to point a telescope to an object. The freaking time zones end
right here on earth. And why would an ET want to know what time it is here,
if they were to land? I would think they might be more interested in just what
the hell year it was, and not worry about what time zone they were in.
Let's see, it's 4 PM here in Arkansas, fellow Aliens, so it must be arktward
389 back home on Zuta, and the wifey is probably putting little finkdot to bed now.
Robert

Scott johansen
1/13/2004 10:46:41 PM

((Let's see, it's 4 PM here in Arkansas, fellow Aliens, so it must be arktward
389 back home on Zuta, and the wifey is probably putting little finkdot to bed now.))

Robert I am still rolling on the ground in laughter from this one.Trying to regain my composure enough to type.

Kieran M Wilson
1/14/2004 4:54:18 AM

Idiot!

Scott johansen
1/14/2004 10:37:38 AM

Who MEEEE?????

Robert L. Sharp
1/14/2004 10:40:39 AM

Kieran:
Who is an idiot? Usually an idiot calls another an idiot, and then flees the scene.
Robert

Scott johansen
1/14/2004 10:44:08 AM

Robert:
I think she left. Spunge Bob squre pants must be on.

Replies 1 - 9 (out of 9 total)

Return to General Discussion Homepage

Ads help to support this site: