UFO Evidence Forums : General Discussion
Return to the General Discussion Homepage
User not logged in - Login or Register
Prof. Malcolm
1/13/2004 11:05:41 PM

scared

I try to be tolerant of most opinions and ideas, and I've been a reader of UFO based info, occult and ghost literature for as long as I can remember. But...as I've grown a bit older, wiser and more intelligent, my lean towards the fanciful has waned. It simply scares me now, that when the human race is plainly in crisis from their own doing, so many people still debate things such as Roswell. Jeeez, Roswell...Roswell. C'mon. But, I know I'll never win that argument with the ET proponents, because their 'science' is extraterrestrial (cue weird music), and cannot be explained by current facts. Has anybody thought of devoting the same amount of time to something noble as they do to conspiracy? Helping your fellow man just isn't interesting enough, is it? Funny how reality can be boring at times.

replies will be listed below this message edit

Replies 1 - 5 (out of 5 total)

1/14/2004 12:06:47 AM

Hi Malcom .Where are you from and what are you a proffesor of? Are you from London? Are you a writer?

Prof. Malcolm
1/14/2004 12:14:12 AM

I'm from South Africa. Spent my adolescence in the UK, but now reside in Canada. Merely a skeptic, not an angry whiner. Very interested in the dialogues of the subject, but wary of where and why these dialogues take place. They seem to be commandeered by ET believers and even sometimes loony theorists. Just wanted to add my 2 pence.
PM

Scott johansen
1/14/2004 12:28:26 AM

You are absolutely right. Frankly all forums have their share of looneys and conspiracy theorists .However this sight has a few regulars that are actually quite well educated and mature . By no means wackos!!!! The educated try and see both sides while keeping an open mind and they express their beliefs based on primarily facts combined with some theoretics.You will also find that some of these very well grounded people have had some incredibly unique expieriences. Their are at least three people that are VERY WORTH WHILE READING and having discussions with. Robert.L.Sharp.Doctor Moriarity, and the antagonistic genius Don Tago,whom I didn't care for much at first but grew on me after a couple of days. Just please don't put up any stupid acronyms or anagrams.
Welcome to the Forum

Scott Johansen

Prof. Malcolm
1/14/2004 12:35:54 AM

sorry, didn't mean to add any anagrams or such nonsense. I appreciate the welcome to the board. I'm slowly going thru old post and find it fascinating. I teach abnormal psych and find the subject a good tool when discussing belief systems. I don't ever mean to sound arrogant. Just want proof from 'true believers' if you will.
Prof. Mal Mac

Scott johansen
1/14/2004 12:49:17 AM

Hello again Malcom,
don't get me wrong either. I wasn't accusing YOU of posting any anagrams. I was just frustrated earlier because there were so many people that were posting stupid things just to get attention and when the main board is full of ridiculous things such as this,it takes away from the credibility of the forum and scares away the people who might actually have something intelligent to say such as yourself.
Again WELCOME

Replies 1 - 5 (out of 5 total)

Return to General Discussion Homepage

Ads help to support this site: