UFO Evidence Forums : Research Forum
Return to the Research Forum Homepage
User not logged in - Login or Register

subject: 1952 Washington D.C. summer sightings

Replies 11 - 13 (out of 13 total)

Joe
10/1/2008 2:31:59 PM

Admittedly, the possibility the UFOs are reflections of lights surrounding the Capitol in the camera lens can't be ruled out. However, I have serious reservations about this explanatation. First, given the street lamps are all the same type, i.e. luminousity, why would only some produce internal lens reflections. Second, since the lighting fixtures are globular, why would the reflections be elongated. This can be seen in the unenlarged photo. The enlarged picture makes it that much more obvious. In addition, the enlarged photo shows the lights in the sky in greater detail. They each appear as a ball with a tail, just as some witnesses described the UFOs. A coincidence? Very doubtful. My money is still on this being a photograph of genuine UFOs.

Joe
10/3/2008 10:06:21 AM

I've been doing a lot of research into internal lens reflections, viewing many examples of them. Typically they appear relatively dim, indistinct., almost ghostly. Often with a halo or double image effect surrounding them. Upon moderate enlargement, about 5X, the UFOs in the 1952 photo are well defined, without halos. They give the impression of being solid objects.

Joe
10/6/2008 10:14:21 AM

As noted earlier, the UFOs are elongated. The longitudinal axis of each is closely aligned parallel with the others. Odd for internal lens reflections, especially since each was supposedly caused by a different light source. However, such alignment would be expected of craft flying in formation.

Replies 11 - 13 (out of 13 total)

Return to Research Forum Homepage

Ads help to support this site: