UFO Evidence Forums : General Discussion
Return to the General Discussion Homepage
User not logged in - Login or Register
Robert L. Sharp
1/15/2004 3:06:50 PM

Goodbye to all.......

It was very nice for awhile coming in here to debate various subjects.
Thanks to Don Tago, Doc Moriarty, Scott Johansen, Prof Malcolm, Lan
Fleming and a few others who had some sensible dialogue. But the
Prophets, Marsha Kings, Wayne Wells, and other dribbling brain matters
have taken over any reason to stay.
If you have noticed, the postings have gone down from 118 to only 109
just today. Someone is erasing or deleting some of the subjects.
Also Scott and I are talking about starting a website where we can invite
sensible people to contribute on a logical scale. This website will have a
place to register, with REAL names, REAL email address, and a monitor,
(Scott and I) to prevent any more of this dreadful rambling by the educationally
challenged ones. As for you others that I didn't mention, get a life, grow up,
go back to whatever grade you flunked out or quit, learn to spell, put a sentence
together, play something besides RAP music, put away the bong you have
sitting next to you, and try to function in society.
BYE ALL,
Robert L. Sharp

replies will be listed below this message edit

Replies 1 - 10 (out of 25 total)

Marsha King
1/15/2004 3:56:33 PM

Good ridance you wimp! When does Scott post his crybaby sign off? Internet Forum users will reduce your worthless wishlist website to the useless ascii code stored on an electromagnetic etheral spore that it is.

scott johansen
1/15/2004 4:22:04 PM

Man!!!!! I leave for a day to write and every one is fighting. What's up?/ Marcia I have never met you but Calm down .You too Robert. I am new and have proffessed myself to be nothing more than an idiot in comparison to the others on this sight . JUST RELAX EVERYONE .This is a good website!!!! it is just open for invasion and I believe that's the point . When I first got here I didn't like Don. But I didn't know him. I look back and regret ever making a bad comment about him. And once I was here for a while I truly valued EVERYTHING he had to say even if I didn't like It. Yes it can get frustrating . But hey That's the price .Marcia I would be overjoyed to read your thoughts But let's all just take a breather ,relax and progress. I really think that the road ahead can only be as bad or good as WE make it.

There, I have said my peace. And I hope I see you all tonight.

TRUSTY
1/15/2004 5:00:50 PM

THERE SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEM HERE .MR .SHARP THANK FOR YOUR INSIGHT .IF YOU AND SCOTT OPEN ANOTHER SITE THE PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT STAYING ON TOPIC WILL FOLLOW .FROM READING YOUR VIEWS ANYONE WILL GAIN SOME TYPE OF INFORMATION THAT MAY OR MAY NOT BE WORTHY OF DISCUSSION .LEAVING NOW WOULD BE LIKE LEAVING A JOB BECAUSE OF SOME IDIOT THAT CANT COPE WITH HIS OR HER ON REALITY . LIFE IS FULL OF ARROGANCE ,I CHOOSE TOO IGNORE .FOR THERE IS NO GREATER OR LESSER PERSONS THAN OUR OWNSELVES.

Patrick B.
1/15/2004 5:58:09 PM

Well, it has been great fun to read your opinios, also if you do make your own site post the url here or something so I can visite it.
Bye then.

Charles
1/16/2004 7:44:03 AM

Leaving makes sense, in a manner of speaking, because (if we all did it) Scott and his various personae would be left talking to themselves . . . and he would soon go, too.

On the other hand, ignoring Scott & Co. make more sense, particularly if the serious posters (like you, Robert) appeal to the managers of the site to make the place more secure. Scott himself has rightly said the site is too easy to access. Although he got here first, he won't be the last yahoo to seek his 15 seconds of fame by irritating other people.

Scott reminds me of a client I once had, a guy who told me with some pride -- and during his first counseling session -- about a time he by-passed a long traffic jam by driving along the shoulder of the road. He turned out to have a narcissistic personality disorder, superimposed upon fragile self-esteem and tremendous anger.

Granted, it's tough to have empathy for such people, but anyone who takes joy tromping through a site like this with muddy combat boots on, probably needs some help . . . Otherwise, ignore him long enough and he will look for some other place to get his jollies.

Jenna
1/16/2004 7:50:23 AM

Wait a minute - How can you cut down Scott. Didn't you read the credentials of the previous post where he partied with Jessica Hahn. What more credibility could a UFO investigator need?

DocMoriarty
1/16/2004 10:39:38 AM

Nooooooo
Robert, you can't just leave. I didn't read all latest conversations yet. But rethink it again. What this relatively new site really lacks are some more good posters. And it is really too open to anonymous spammers. It should really take a registration before you can post here, that would cut down on a lot of these annoying posts, i hope.
I really stayed here for i like the website and that they have some good quality material about the UFO topic, unlike many other sites.
I don't think that creating another new site about the UFO topic is such a great idea, there are many of them out there, and as you can see here, it takes quite a while, till at least a handfull of good posters gather.
Although i can really do without a lot of the later posts, i wouldn't leave. Better ignore and talk the forum owner into adding the registration procedure before someone can post.
If you leave, the forum would loose a lot. I know you tried a lot to get some serious discussion going, something people like these Marsha Kings don't realize. But maybe even over time creatures like this Marsha King would learn about principles of friendliness and netiquette and might learn to read + think before posting.

Best Regards
DocMoriarty

Robert L. Sharp
1/16/2004 11:10:24 AM

Ok Doc:
I will try again. From here on out, if I receive replies from certain folks,
I will try to ignore and not stoop to their depths by replying back.
Also, Don said pretty much the same as you, it's better to ignore and
proceed with the matters at hand.
I guess it is just my Cherokee, Irish blood that gets boiling at times.
I will try to mellow out a little. My parents instilled in me, and tried to
teach me to ignore certain people in life, not to be rude to them or
anything like that, but walk away and find other more friendly, passionate,
accepting ones. There are way too many people to be friends with, than
to waste time making enemies.
Now, can we have some meaningful dialogue about UFO's, Aliens, ET's
and other pro and con subjects?
Thanks, and have a sun shiny day all.
Robert

Scott johansen
1/16/2004 11:17:17 AM

(On the other hand, ignoring Scott & Co. make more sense, particularly if the serious posters (like you, Robert) appeal to the managers of the site to make the place more secure. Scott himself has rightly said the site is too easy to access. Although he got here first, he won't be the last yahoo to seek his 15 seconds of fame by irritating other people. )

Charles, Can you read???? I never said anything about this site being too easy to access. What makes you think I got here first? And Furthermore,What is your problem man. All I have been doing for the past two days is trying to diffuse this ridiculous situation.Those are the only muddy boots I own.. Do you have ANYTHING to say other than this nonsense.?

(Scott reminds me of a client I once had, a guy who told me with some pride -- and during his first counseling session )
Are you inferring that you are a counseler???????? I thought counselers were supposed to be qualified to HELP in situations like these. So if you could Share some of your infinite psychiatric wisom and interject something Non-antagonistic it would be highly appreciated. I have nothing against you Charles, But for some reason you have the complete wrong idea about me. I truly am a nice person and probably shouldn't have let you pull me into this trap. If you look at some of my posts you will also notice that I have been the one defending this websites right to an open forum and by no means have inferred that the postings of Robert, Don and Doc are the ONLY intelligent people on this website.((notice in that particular post I didn't include myself))

Can we call a truce or do you want to continue the non-progressive static. I myself would very much like to move on.

Scott johansen
1/16/2004 11:40:06 AM

This guy Charles really hates me .It's kind of funny when you think about it. How can you hate someone you never met ? Is it possible that these people are debunkers trying to discourage people from intelligent dialogue?? And if so were they succeeding? If you think about it hiring people that don't have anything but antagonistic comments in order to misdirect the forum would be a very inexpensive and plentiful resource. Perhaps one of us has struck a chord somewhere

Replies 1 - 10 (out of 25 total)

Return to General Discussion Homepage

Ads help to support this site: