UFO Evidence Forums : General Discussion
Return to the General Discussion Homepage
User not logged in - Login or Register

subject: Goodbye to all.......

Replies 11 - 20 (out of 25 total)

Scott johansen
1/16/2004 11:40:09 AM

This guy Charles really hates me .It's kind of funny when you think about it. How can you hate someone you never met ? Is it possible that these people are debunkers trying to discourage people from intelligent dialogue?? And if so were they succeeding? If you think about it hiring people that don't have anything but antagonistic comments in order to misdirect the forum would be a very inexpensive and plentiful resource. Perhaps one of us has struck a chord somewhere

Charles
1/17/2004 9:07:09 AM

I certainly don't hate you, but I definitely dislike the way you posted alot of nonsense here previously, enough so that others considered leaving. Having only just discovered the site myself, as someone who is interested in UFOs and ufology, I resented the fact that your posts dominated the bulletin board, and that I too was shying away from the website. As I said in previous posts here, this is the first place I have found where people seem interested in addressing the topic of UFOs seriously, and that is important to me.

Parenthetically, I would say that the topic of UFOs serves as some kind of magnet for people (by which I mean debunkers and the like) who think they have the only handle on reality there is, and that having fought them elsewhere online I -AM- defensive. From what I have read of others here (see the "Reports" section), folks from all walks of life have experienced anomalous phenomena. This website should be protected from blow-hard posters so those folks can explore those experiences in reasonable safety.

Now, I see you have relented and are making some serious posts . . . so, as a "nice guy" myself pledge to look at your messages with new eyes. I appreciate your dialogue on the biblical/ufo connection, for example, and your exchange with "D" from Australia. I can also tell that you are articulate as well as intelligent, have a good sense of humor, and hope you will continue to post.

I hope that serves as a truce for you, but if it falls short, please let me know what I can do or say to accomplish that truce.

Scott johansen
1/17/2004 9:56:35 AM

Charles ,

I'm not Quite sure what nonsense I posted that you are reffering to.Are you sure you are talking about me.???? I have signed EVERY post i have ever written and by no means ever tried to dominate this board.If you mean my retorts to the anagram as an alien form of communication people , and I offended you ,you have by immediate retraction and apology.The reason my post became better is because they have seemed to go away.. . I too have an Irish and Indian temper that is hard to contain sometimes.
I believe you were reffering to Robert considering his leaving the Forum.I could be wrong but I don't think I was the reason for him to contemplate leaving. In fact, I believe he was just sick of the same things I was and in my opinion attacked them harder than I did.I believe That Robert and I are friends and I respect the hell out of him and think it would be a tradgedy for him to leave.Anyway I'm certain now that this was a simple misunderstanding and I am looking forward to reading more of your posts.

TRUCE

Scott johansen
1/17/2004 9:56:38 AM

Charles ,

I'm not Quite sure what nonsense I posted that you are reffering to.Are you sure you are talking about me.???? I have signed EVERY post i have ever written and by no means ever tried to dominate this board.If you mean my retorts to the anagram as an alien form of communication people , and I offended you ,you have by immediate retraction and apology.The reason my post became better is because they have seemed to go away.. . I too have an Irish and Indian temper that is hard to contain sometimes.
I believe you were reffering to Robert considering his leaving the Forum.I could be wrong but I don't think I was the reason for him to contemplate leaving. In fact, I believe he was just sick of the same things I was and in my opinion attacked them harder than I did.I believe That Robert and I are friends and I respect the hell out of him and think it would be a tradgedy for him to leave.Anyway I'm certain now that this was a simple misunderstanding and I am looking forward to reading more of your posts.

TRUCE

DocMoriarty
1/17/2004 9:56:41 AM

Hi Charles,

since you mentioned "safety" and that type of stuff when discussing that topic. Once upon a time, very long ago, like 10 years, there was a famous forum in Compuserve, which was called the "Encounters Forum" where i spent a significant amount of time. It had quite a big audience and funny enough today while researching into that Israel UFO cases i discovered a few names that i remember from that time.

Anyway, abductions for example are a very serious topic, especially for the abductee and the least thing they need are unqualified or inadequate comments.

For that matter, we had closed sections in that forum available only to "selected" people that showed serious interest in the topic. Yet there aren't enough visitors here for something like that. But maybe in the long run. Just a thought, more directed towards the forum owner.

I got stuck here too since in the beginning i sensed that here might be more serious discussion going on. But as open as it is at the moment, we have to live with the fact that people from all walks of life drop in here and comment. And actually who cares, let the kids have fun too. Just need to be aware, that most of these less serious posts are most likely done by kids.

So for the moment just ignore (literally) what you don't want to read and keep the good things coming is maybe the best approach.

Regards
Doc

Scott johansen
1/17/2004 9:56:42 AM

Charles ,

TRUCE

Scott johansen
1/17/2004 10:06:27 AM

I am very sorry for the repeats everyone. I seem to have a glitch that keeps disconecting when i hit submit. then when I sign back on there is no record of my submission so I enter it again and it comes out two or three times. I will try and fix the problem as I know it can be irritating.Sorry again

Jacko
1/22/2004 6:42:33 AM

Robert e mail me

Robert L. Sharp
1/22/2004 9:47:45 AM

Jacko:
Refresh my memory. Email address?
Robert

Jacko
1/22/2004 11:50:26 AM

Peterjackson106@hotmail.com..Ur web site i would like to join ur forum.

Replies 11 - 20 (out of 25 total)

Return to General Discussion Homepage

Ads help to support this site: