UFO Evidence Forums : Research Forum
Return to the Research Forum Homepage
User not logged in - Login or Register
Alex
1/18/2004 5:18:27 PM

What About STS-80?!

All I ever see is post after post about STS-48. What about STS-80? The objects in that video were large, not specks.

I did find one article where James Oberg tries to debunk the round objects that appear below the shuttle, but there was also an object that 'took off' from the Santiago Chile area that seems to be ignored.

Does anyone have any more info on STS-80 or where a copy of it may be available?

Thanks.

replies will be listed below this message edit

Replies 1 - 10 (out of 21 total)

Lan Fleming
1/18/2004 7:21:04 PM

[[Does anyone have any more info on STS-80 or where a copy of it may be available?]]

You can get a copy of the STS-80 video from NASA by email to foia@ems.jsc.nasa.gov

Ask for STS-80 GMT 336/7:55 to 08:05

It's definitely worth a look.

DocMoriarty
1/18/2004 9:53:13 PM

I must say that the objects on the STS-80 video seem quite more impressive than STS-48 to me.

I scanned the internet for an STS-80 video. There were links on many sites but none of the links worked. Until i found one which worked. Not going to name the address for more or less obvious reasons. *evil grin*

Regards
Doc

Robert L. Sharp
1/18/2004 9:56:03 PM

Ah, c'mon Doc.........
Robert

DocMoriarty
1/18/2004 10:18:54 PM

Send me an email to docmoriarty@gmx.net. I just don't want this to vanish as well.

Regards
Doc

Robert L. Sharp
1/18/2004 10:24:59 PM

okie dokie

DocMoriarty
1/18/2004 11:33:59 PM

I just watched it a few times. Quite a lot of traffic out there. I wonder what these little meteorite like thingies are that move at high speed through the picture from various angles with a trail behind them.

The most prominent object that is seen at the beginning looking kinda like a metallic disk seems to prepare for descend through the atmosphere by extending kind of "shields" before it enters atmosphere. Thats when it lights up. If it would be a meteorite you'd expect to see a firy tail. Anyway an object of that size would have flattened an average sized country. Then it starts to fall back staying almost at the same position relative to the clouds until it kind of "meets" with 2 other objects.

Then another object which is at first invisible seems to appear, lighting up "shields" (thats when it can be seen) and does more or less the same. Question is why wasn't it visible before firing shields, like the other object.

Space traffic control must have had a hard day that day.

Doc

Robert L. Sharp
1/20/2004 10:56:51 AM

Doc:
I downloaded the first 4 links to this video, and you have to have Real Player,
which I do, and they downloaded just fine. When I got to the 5th link, it started
to download, and my computer froze, had to reboot and start over. Tried on
a couple of other occasions, and the same thing happened.

A question. Just what are the bright flashes coming from what
appears to be the surface of the Earth? I assume they are flashes of lightning
from storms?? This is a good video, although not too clear and focused. Awesome!
Robert

DocMoriarty
1/20/2004 2:18:00 PM

There was a thunderstorm on earth thats what the flashes are in the clouds. Yes the video itself is really awesome. I find this way more impressive than the specks in the STS-48 video.

Doc

Lan Fleming
1/21/2004 8:23:04 PM

DocMoriarty
[[Yes the video itself is really awesome. I find this way more impressive than the specks in the STS-48 video. ]]

The way the objects move is just as important if not more so than the way they look in both the STS-48 and STS-80 videos. Unless they're big enough to show some rivets and port holes, they could just be oddly-shaped ice particles close to the camera. In case you missed it, I wrote an article on the trajectories of the STS-48 objects. It's on Mark Carlotto's web site at:

http://www.newfrontiersinscience.com/Members/v03n01/a/NFS0301a.shtml

Ice particles should generally move in straight lines. If there's enough atmospheric drag , they'll follow simple parabolic paths. Several of the objects have more complicated paths, and one actually changes course long after the alleged thruster firing when they all moved at the same time. My reasoning is that if something is moving in ways an ice particle cannot move, then it's not an ice particle.

I think some of the objects in the STS-80 video also follow unusual movements. I've been intending to look at the STS-80 video more closely and doing some time exposure composites for it, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

BTW: There's a relatively large triangular object that appears in the STS-48 video shortly after the sequence I wrote about. That one is interesting because of how it does NOT move. It's triangluar, so you can tell that it's not tumbling like an ice particle likely would. The larger objects in the STS-80 video are round, so you wouldn't be able to tell whether they're tumbling or not.

trusty
1/21/2004 8:41:22 PM

call 911

Replies 1 - 10 (out of 21 total)

Return to Research Forum Homepage

Ads help to support this site: