• Home Page
  • UFO Topics
  • UFO Photos
  • UFO Cases
  • Sighting Reports
  • Report a Sighting

UFO Sighting Report


September, 1983


Norristown, Pennsylvania, United States


Encounter across several nights in succession

Date Reported:

6/15/2013 10:22:27 PM

Sighting Time: 

3:00 AM



No. of Witnesses: 


Full Description & Details

When I lived at my brother's house in Norristown, PA, I had several visits from small black men. I noticed one of them one night, in the wee hours, like 4 or 5 AM. He was near my bed, and backed up into the corner when I saw him, and seemed to fade through the wall. The next night, there were three of them, same routine. They approached my bed, then backed off and faded into the corner when I opened my eyes. I think they were scared of me. I describe them as being darker than the room, almost an absence of light. About 5 feet tall and slender, silhouettes. On the next night, about 5 of them showed up. I saw them, and they backed up again, and I thought, okay, they're leaving again. But as I thought that, they came forward as a group. I tried to get up but could not. I tried to speak, but was unable. This gave me fear, as I felt helpless. Two of them reached into my stomach area, through the skin, and I could feel them tickling my insides. It wasn't painful, but it was a little uncomfortable.

I was freaking out, and now my fear turned to anger. I decided to concede the ability to move and concentrate on my ability to speak. I broke through with force of will and shouted, "Leave me the fuck alone!" at the top of my lungs. And just that fast, they were gone. Steve broke into the room seconds later, probably expecting burglars or something, and only found me sitting up in bed, sweating, and breathing heavily. I told him what had happened, and he said it was because I didn't go to church. The typical "if it ain't Jesus, it's the devil" response. From that remark, I knew that I shouldn't even bother telling him of my experiences, lest I be judged.

It was a mystery to me. Years later, I finally figured out that it was a standard alien encounter with immobilization, speech cancelled, and some actual touching. And not a good kind, as far as I could tell. I realized it when I read a book during a flight back to the west coast after visiting my old girlfriend, Mimi. I wanted to buy something to read and what I chose was Intruders, a Bud Hopkins book. I'd never heard of him. The book looked interesting on the cover, and I just picked it up on a whim.


I almost lost my lunch on the flight as I read what seemed to be my own story, although I never saw a craft and don't remember ever being taken anywhere. I did seek help from a UC Berkeley professor, Dr. James Harder,

who taught engineering, but had an interest in the UFO/Alien scenario. Understatement. I met him through a mutual friend, and went to his house in the hills for his "First Sunday of Every Month UFO meeting". They thought I was an infiltrator. I told my story to his younger assistants, who seemed like seargants at arms. After I told my story and my theories about why they visited me, they let me hang with the crowd of about 15 people that had gathered. They passed around a book with drawings from all over the USA of different types of aliens people had seen and drawn. I turn the page, and there they were! I spoke out, interrupting his talk, which seemed to upset him a bit. He glared at me in a way that made me wonder about his origins. When I explained my eureka moment, he looked at the drawing and dismissed me, saying that they were only on the East coast, like New York and Philadelphia. I explained to him that I was living in a suburb of Philly at the time of these encounters.

The crowd was moved by this, a "whoa" moment.

I guess it disrupted his agenda enough that they took me aside to talk. Me, him and his two aides. They told me that they believed me, that my story was very legit, but that it was not extraordinary. I was seeking regressive hypnotherapy to try and uncover what might have been blocked or programmed to forget.

He refused to do it, saying that it was nothing new, and it might ruin my life, as he'd seen many obsess over such encounters, making them their holy grail, the answer that can never be found, a path to madness.

I left soon after and never returned to his little groupie meeting. I was a little indignant. Who was he to tell me I don't need to know? I didn't trust him, and I have learned to trust my instincts.

As a child and young adult I had often wished that I could meet beings from other worlds and travel with them off of this planet. So perhaps I invited these guys with my thoughts. Maybe I need to be more specific about the type of beings I wanted to meet.

Anyway, never give in to fear. Anger is powerful as a defense, as it seemed to focus my intent. It seems they could not contain me, and maybe that's why they feared me. They might even have been good, but that's not what I felt.

Witness Background

I'm a film and television professional employed by Kaiser Permanente in the San Francisco Bay Area. MS in film and Television, over 30 years in the business.

Views on UFOs, before and after sighting

I think I have believed since the Betty and Barney Hill case. I did see something go from horizon to horizon in a second, never knew what it was. I have a suspicion that I've been in contact since I was a child. Went missing once as a child, then was suddenly back.

Other Comments

I know this website area was for sightings, but I didn't see anywhere to write about encounters. I will be in Philadelphia to visit my family for a few days in mid-July if you would like to meet or interview me.

Reported Sighting? 


Reported To: 

Dr. James Harder, UC Berkeley

Your Location: 

OAkland, CA