Summary: The summary from the comprehensive assessment of the UFO phenomenon by CSETI. "Some UFOs are extraterrestrial spacecraft (ETS) which are piloted by extraterrestrial biological entities (EBEs) who originate on another planet, and most likely another star system."
April 1997 version 1.1
copyright 1997 CSETI
CSETI COMPREHENSIVE ASSESSMENT SUMMARY
Recent worldwide trends of increasing extraterrestrial activity, coupled with significant advancement in CSETI research results, suggest that imminent extraterrestrial events and CSETI initiatives will soon overtake current government policy on this issue. It is recommended that governments worldwide review and change existing policy to one of increasing openness, disclosure and cooperation with civilian research teams. (See section IV on Strategies and Rationale for Changing Government Policy).
Some UFOs are extraterrestrial spacecraft (ETS) which are piloted by extraterrestrial biological entities (EBEs) who originate on another planet, and most likely another star system.
· More than one extraterrestrial civilization is represented in the current activities involving earth.
· These extraterrestrial civilizations are working in concert and not competitively, although there is some specialization in function and activities for the various groups. This indicates that there exists either an emerging or well established organization for these groups.
· These beings have bases within this solar system and may maintain temporary bases on earth, particularly under water.
· The variety in sizes and shapes of ETS observed is due to: varying civilizations of origin, and more importantly, specialization of function, which include general reconnaissance, medical research and intelligence, earth environmental research, central command and base operations, energy generation and transfer, and human technology, military and space program research and reconnaissance.
· Sudden and fully open contact with human civilization has been avoided because of a number of interrelated factors, including:
the need to avoid an untimely disruption of earth civilization including military, political, geopolitical, cultural, economic, technological and religious upheaval;
risks to their own civilization and "people" as well as overall mission, given human xenophobia and tendencies towards violent armed reactions; and up to this time, such massive and open contact has not been necessary, and has not been consonant with their overall long term mission and purpose.
A Plan is in place to allow for gradually broader and deeper contact with human society and individuals so that humans may become accustomed to the reality of other intelligent beings in the universe, and so that needed research and observation may take place on both sides. Limited but increasing opportunities for bilateral and human initiated contact will occur in the reasonably near future.
Sudden and large scale contact will occur only in the event of a significant worldwide emergency (manmade or natural).
While ET observation and interaction with earth is probably an ancient as opposed to purely modern phenomenon, the marked increase in activity coinciding with World War II and the dawning of the "nuclear age" indicates that ETI are quite concerned about this transitional stage of human social evolution.
· · Extraterrestrial intelligence (ETI) technology is strictly guarded by both ETI and human governmental agencies because of its potential for military applications which would greatly threaten world security. It is imperative that this technology not find significant human applications until such time as the earth is ready for it
· The US government, at least at the level of a highly compartmentalized top secret group, has known about the reality of these ETS and their occupants since at least 1947. A strict secrecy has been maintained due to:
Fear of public panic and social disruption;
Security issues surrounding possible military and technology application of ETI technology, especially in the setting of a world beset with Cold War tensions and competing interests;
Uncertainty and mistrust regarding ETI motives and intentions;
Embarrassment and consternation over human military inability to secure world air space from repeated penetrations by ETS.
The U.S. government possesses several ETSs and the deceased bodies of several EBEs.
The nature of "reality" of these craft and these beings has been incorrectly characterized by some as belonging to "another dimension and reality" from this dimension. Unfortunately, these statements are made without fully considering what "this reality" is. A more correct understanding of this is that the Full Spectrum of Reality is a singular, integrated one which may be perceived wholly or in its various aspects, such perception being entirely dependent on the level of consciousness of the perceiver. The various aspects of "dimensions" of this reality, which are limitless in number, are not restricted to or by time and space as we know it commonly. These beings and their craft belong to the same Reality as humans, however, their advancement in the realms of physical science and the science of consciousness has given them competence in a broader aspect of the Full Spectrum of Reality than is usually experienced by humans. The difference, then, is one of degree and not fundamental reality, since humans potentially have access to all aspects of the Full Spectrum of Reality just as extraterrestrial beings do. These differences are not insurmountable, nor are they truly fundamental; in fact they are relative and only temporary. While these beings are utilizing and experiencing a broader aspect of the Full Spectrum of Reality, so too can and will humans, for we are as "inter dimensional'' by nature as they.
ETS energy and "propulsion" systems utilize principles and laws of the physical universe not yet fully appreciated by human science, and may include:
Gravity/anti-gravity and electromagnetic/gravity technology; Space energy and so-called hyper dimensional energy systems; Matter energy interchangeable technologies; and Possible Consciousness Assisted Technology (CAT) and Technology Assisted Consciousness (TAG).
Some, if not all, EBEs have advanced mental capabilities which include telepathy, precognition, remote viewing and others, indicating that they have developed the "science of consciousness" to a degree which parallels or surpasses their advanced physical technologies. Humans also possess these capabilities, but these remain largely undeveloped by most humans.
EBEs are more developed or advanced than humans in a number of respects, but are not superior to humans as beings. Our point of unity and equality with EBEs is in our mutual existence as conscious intelligent beings. While these various EBEs may have values and priorities which are different from those of some 20th century humans, their motives and ultimate intentions are non- hostile and do not include the acquisition or subjugation of the earth and its peoples.
The establishing of a lasting world peace and a just and effective world government is essential to the long-term ETl-Human relationship.